RiverView Construction & Consulting Service, herein after known as the Inspector/Rater agrees to conduct an
inspection/rating for the purpose of informing the client of major energy deficiencies in the condition of the subject
property. THE WRITTEN REPORT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE INSPECTOR AND THE CLIENT AND
SHALL NOT BE USED BY OR TRANSFERRED TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR COMPANY WITHOUT
BOTH THE INSPECTOR’S AND THE CLIENTS WRITTEN CONSENT.
1) This inspection/rating of the subject property shall be performed by the Inspector for the Client in accordance
with the standards for quality of rating services, RESNET has adopted the Mortgage Industry National Home Energy
Rating Standards. RESNET NATIONAL STANDARD FOR HOME ENERGY AUDITS
2) The provisions of this Standard are intended to define a framework for a home energy audit process. An
accredited Provider or a program may apply this Standard to improve the energy performance of existing homes
through uniform, comprehensive home energy audits for existing residential buildings. This Standard is intended to
result in investments by building owners that produce the following outcomes:
• Increase the energy efficiency of homes;
• Increase the comfort of homes;
• Increase the durability of homes;
• Ensure that energy improvement recommendations are portrayed with reasonable and
consistent projections of energy savings;
• Reduce the risk that energy improvement recommendations will contribute to health,
safety, or building durability problems; and
• Reduce waste and pollution, protecting the environment.
3) A Home Energy Rating is an unbiased indication of a home’s relative energy performance based on consistent
inspection procedures, operating assumptions, climate data and calculation methods in accordance with the
“National Energy Rating Technical Standards” The Inspector/Rater shall not be held responsible or liable for any
repairs or replacements with regard to this property, systems, components, or the contents therein. Company is
neither a guarantor or insurer.
4) Home Performance Assessment is a detailed evaluation of the condition of a home as a building system,
including evaluation of all materials, components, features, systems and subsystems that affect the energy use of
5) Disclosure of Information - RiverView Construction & Consulting Service in conjunction with the Louisiana
Department of Natural Resources ‘Hero’ program, are not permitted to perform repairs or work internally but can
suggest three companies in lieu of such aforementioned statement, only one is so available. Initial Here _________
6) In the event Client commences litigation with respect to any matter arising out of or in connection with this
Agreement or the Inspection/Rating related thereto, RiverView Construction & Consulting Service, if it prevails in
said litigation, shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other remedy available at law or in equity, its
reasonable attorneys' fees and court costs incurred in defending said litigation.
7) Any matter concerning the interpretation of this Agreement, of the Inspection Audit Report, or any claim based
upon either of them shall be subject to mediation between the parties or failing such mediation shall be resolved by
arbitration in accordance with the Construction Industry Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association,
except for the rules pertaining to the arbitrator selection. Initial Here _________
8) The inspection/rating service is conducted at the property. The physical on-site inspection of the property is a very
valuable time of exchange of information between the Inspector and the Client. Any particular concern of the Client
must be brought to the attention of the Inspector before the inspection begins. The written report will not substitute
for Client's personal presence during the inspection. It is virtually impossible to fully profile any building with any
reporting system. Unless Client attends and participates in the inspection process itself, the Client will have no
chance of gaining all of the information that is offered.
9) Thermal Infrared Inspections are a non destructive test using an Infrared Camera that will reveal temperature difference within the
structure. Interpretation of results are confirmed with a moisture meter to detect previous leaks or and lack of insulation. Thermal
Imaging is not considered x-ray and cannot see through the structure.
10) Disclaimer on Blower Door testing that it will move air in all existing cracks and penetrations drawing in dust particles that may
contain mold spores or bacteria and introduce such contaminates in areas of the structure. RiverView Construction and/or the
Certified Rater does not accept any responsibility for health issues or complaints arising from such test. Initial Here _________
The undersigned has completely read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions of this agreement and agree
to pay the charges specified below:
Client agrees to pay a fee in accordance with RiverView Construction & Consulting Service fee schedule plus any
additional fees not included in the base fee and any applicable taxes at or before the time of inspection. Client further agrees that to
participate in the HERO Program 30% efficiency must be achieved. If residence cannot reach this minimum requirement, full agreed
upon fee is still due for the energy performance rating. If upon final rating a compliance score below acceptable criteria for the Hero
Program and an additional rating is requested, $125.00 will be assessed per inspection/rating.
WRITTEN REPORT IS THE PROPERTY OF THE INSPECTOR AND THE CLIENT AND SHALL NOT BE USED BY OR TRANSFERRED
TO ANY OTHER PERSON OR COMPANY WITHOUT BOTH THE INSPECTOR'S AND THE CLIENTS CONSENT.
Client Name: ______________________________________________________
Phone Number: ____________________________________________________
Inspection Address: _________________________________________________
Inspection City, State, Zip code: _______________________________________
This Pre-Inspection Agreement represents the entire agreement between the parties and incorporate by reference the above
referenced Cover Sheet, and Standards of the Mortgage Industry’s National Home Energy Rating Standards. Changes or
modifications to this agreement shall be in writing and signed by the parties. This agreement shall inure to the benefit only to
the parties signing this agreement, and shall not inure to the benefit of any successor or assign of either party.
Acceptance and understanding of this agreement are hereby acknowledged on this ____ day of ___________, in the year 2010.
By: _________________________ By: ________________________________ Total Fee: $ _________
RiverView Construction Customer/Agent
Customer’s E-Mail: _______________________________________________
Form of Payment: Check #__________ Cash________.
Wayne Erdman, Inspector/Rater 2115 Palfrey Street
RiverView Construction & Consulting Service Gretna, Louisiana 70053
Fax: (504) 324-1622